Saturday, May 12, 2012

♥ MME designer tape love ♥

 good morning.  how are you?  do you have crafty plans this weekend?  i am going to try to finish up some projects but i am also going to take some mommy time for my babes.  before i go out to play with them in the sunshine, i wanted to share my project this week over at the MME blog.  

our friday post features projects selected by Jana, Anam and myself from our Pinterest MME Inspiring Pages & Cards page.


i chose this card from the incredibly talented Tracie Claiborne 


i absolutely LOVE her gorgeous palette and design.  i love that you could use this design over and over with the gorgeous patterns in all of the MME lines, with MME scraps or the brand new MME Indie Chic Designer tape.

i chose to create my version using the new tapes i received.  these are so beautiful, have beautiful patterns and adhere beautifully to a piece of cardstock.

here is the designer tape i decided to use for this card






your smile makes life sweet card

 i began my card by cutting a piece of white cardstock 3 x 5".  i then began applying the strips of tape on a diagonal.  when i was finished applying the strips, i turned the card over and cut off the excess tape.  i ran my card front through my sewing machine with different stitches on the tapes.

embellishing the card was easy since the new Ginger layered stickers make it easy to dress up any card.



i then tied twine through the Ginger buttons (direction) and adhered them to the card front



i then adhered the card front to a card base.  this design could be used over and over with designer/washi tapes or scraps of papers you can not bring your heart to throw out.

thank you Tracie for the gorgeous inspiration.  please make sure to check out her blog, but only when you have time to look around, it's incredible.


thank you for visiting me.  to see all the other featured layouts and layouts, please visit the MME Pinterest-Inspired post

have a GREAT weekend!
hugs & so much love♥
danni


13 comments:

  1. *sigh* your card is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeeee the paper strips and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lifting this, dear danni! It's just beautiful...love how you alternated your stitchings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! From the stitching, to the colors, to the fun little buttons! L*O*V*E

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove how you sew over the card! And the embillishment are just perfect! Hope you had a fab day with your kids. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design! fun with the tapes and the stitching is gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is scrummy, make's me want to have that pp too!! xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there, Danni! Thanks so much for visiting me on my little blog the other day! It was SO wonderful to hear from you! LOVE your card! The original inspiration was beautiful, but your take is absolutely breathtaking. I love that new tape and love the stitching you added. Mixing up the stitches adds such amazing detail. Love the layered label and the flowers, too. SO, SO pretty!
    Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SWEET....I love the genius way to feature so many delish papers! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the diagonal design here. Simply gorgeous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Danni.....love what u did with the tape! Happy mamas day too, belated! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning card Danni!..ADORE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just adorable, Danni!
    Thank you for beeing such a source for inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I didn't know this was on your blog too. How fun! Thanks again for picking my card. :)

    ReplyDelete

i {heart} your sweet notes. thank you for taking time to visit me♥